Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Church History Tour

Well I'm back from my trip! And I must say, it did not disappoint. We were able to see and experience so much. I'm so thankful I was able to be there with my parents and our AWESOME guide to be able to learn about our church's history. I am, and will forever be grateful for the sacrifices made by so many to give us what we have now!

I took tons of pictures, but here is just a sampling.... (and I thought I had figured out Bloggers random way of posting pictures - but these are SO not in the order I uploaded....so, basically there is no rhyme or reason to the order of pics, bear with me here...)


The Family (that's my mom's cousin Marlene on the right) at Adam-Ondi-Aham.

Inside of Liberty Jail


Outside of Liberty Jail - Wow.

My cute cousins we got to visit while we were in Omaha. Love them! (There's not pics of their cute mama because she told me I couldn't post them, but try and imagine her, she's pretty great!)
The Mormon Trail Center - Winter Quarters, Nebraska
Me @ Carthage Jail - another WOW.
The Mansion House - Joseph and Emma's Home
Emma, Joseph and Hyrum's graves
My dad eating frog legs - Yick!
A plate of frog legs in front of me. Alan tried to make me eat them, but on that plate they stayed!
Our fearless leader, Bro. Alan McKay and me. Oh how I love that man! I was able to do baptisms with him in the Nauvoo Temple, by far one of the best experiences of the trip!
Me with the Parentals at the Nauvoo Temple.
Downtown Nauvoo.
I love to see the temple.
Sunset on the Mississippi River.

Thank you to my parents for letting me experience these things in helping my testimony to grow! And THANK YOU to Bro. McKay. I seriously can't say it enough, he is seriously amazing. He has the strongest testimony ever and has so much knowledge - I don't know where he stores it all! My testimony has been strengthened so much by his, I will always be grateful for him.

(This message is brought to you by alanmckaytours.com) :)

But to sum it up, if you ever get the opportunity to go back to these sites, I would totally recommend it.

The end.

4 comments:

Ticey said...

I am so jealous - I want to go to Nauvoo SOOOO bad!! Maybe one day. Well it sounds like you had an amazing time and that you got to see some awesome things!!

Miss Annie said...

Looks like tons of fun! I'm super jealous you go to spend time with one of my heroes :)...Oh hey, is that a pic of you and your hubby in front of the temple?? Hee hee hee :)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Looks like you had a great time! I loved my trip there it was so worth it!

JMe said...

LUCKY! I love the pictures (again!) Someday, we'll go on a Civil War Tour with Mr. McKay.