Thursday, January 27, 2011

CATCHUP Part 2

Look it's me, I'm back. Already...basically because I'm pretty much amazing. Just sayin.

Anyways, after Christmas the good times just kept on rolling. My dad took me to my first Jazz game of the year. They lost. (Boo.) But we still had fun, and I got to see my long lost Matt Harpring. I love him. Get over it.

If I was smarter and knew how to put an arrow on my picture pointing to Matt, I would. But I'm not, so instead I'll just tell you. MATT is the announcer in the blue shirt next to Bolerjack who is wiping his nose. For those of you wondering who MATT is, because apparently you don't all already know, he played for the Jazz for years until recently when he retired, now he is back announcing.

And then, our friend Amanda who has been in OHIO for the last few years while her husband learns how to become a world class dentist, was in town for the holidays so we tried for a little get together. Tried....only sorta succeeded. Stacey was the only one who was able to come, but we still had a grand ol' time hanging out and catching up! Amanda, next Christmas we'll do better, scouts honor.

Then it was New Years. My super amazing cousins/Aunt and Uncle took me in under their wings and let me come party with them! (Thanks for that ps!) We had a lot of fun eating, playing games, eating and eating. It was lots of fun and I went home and set some goals for myself....resolutions if you will. I'm gonna list them now - mostly so I can remember them and keep trying to accomplish them.

First off...the usual.

Get my fat butt in shape!

I had been looking into buying an elliptical or tredmill for a while, and after Christmas I found an elliptical on sale and went for it. (Here's Ben and the Captain putting it together for me.) I started out REALLY good, ellipticizing (if that's not a word, it is now) every day. Then I had a little hang up, and now I'm back to trying to do it everyday again. I'm no where near "in shape" yet, but I am trying.

Next up, read my scriptures EVERY DAY. Again, I wish I could say I have succeeded in doing this every day as planned, but I haven't. BUT I have done MUCH better than I was and I have tried/am still trying! It's becoming more of a habit now and something I just do automatically, rather than have to think about and work up to. I have been reading the "The Book of Mormon Made Easier" by David Ridges and feel like I'm getting a lot more out of them than I have in the past.

Ps, the Book is true....just so ya know.

Next, along side better reading of my Scriptures - My PRAYERS.


(Don't lie, you love my visual aid.)

I hate to admit it, but I had become pretty lazy in my prayers - if they were even said at all. Don't judge me, I know! But I am happy to report I have done a 180 - and am doing much better. And I feel much better every day now that I have. I can definitely tell the difference in my life and in my attitude, and I know it's because of these last two things.

Last but not least, on the resolution list. Little as it may be, I am resolving to not use any of those nasty four letter words. I really shouldn't admit this on here, please don't judge me people! They just slip out - not all the time, mostly just when I'm really upset, or am about to die or stub my toe or something...And not that it matters either way, but when I say four letter word, I'm talking the firey place that bad people go, the pile of stuff at the barn and what beavers make...But regardless, I'm trying real hard to not let them be a part of my vocabulary. And I think I can count how many times they have slipped on my one hand, and I'm counting that as improvement. One day, real soon I hope, they will be wiped from my brain!

And there you have it, if you see me - ask me about my elliptical and punch me to make sure nothing slips out of my mouth.

The end.

4 comments:

Willies said...

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!!!! ill admit i have a favorite 4 letter word (the pile of sh**) it is my word of choice when im made! mostly when i stub my toe too!!! good luck with your goals!!!

Willies said...

oh wait add blogging to those goals, i like snooping on you!

Ticey said...

Those are some good goals! I hope you succeed in them all - I know you can do it!!!

JMe said...

You failed to mention to me that you had PURCHASED an elliptical! Please don't tell me you went home and exercised tonight! I'm still sitting on the couch where you left me.