Thursday, January 27, 2011

Let's play a little game of CATCHUP!

Well considering it's been a month and a half since I have graced ya'll with my presence, let's just have a post dedicated to...well, my life basically since November. This could get lengthy, so if at any point in this post I decide to split it up, I think I probably will. So there you have it.
Don't worry tho folks, I'm not that exciting, this should go quick.

Here goes, since my Harry Potter Party - which seems like forever ago - I spent a week in sunny San Diego with the family for Thanksgiving. (This is the uber condensed version of the trip.)
We were able to visit the newly(ish) renovated Mormon Batallian Historical Site

One of my great great's served in the batallian and so every time we have visited San Diego, we have always came to the visitor's center. The new site was lots of fun and we were able to learn more about some of our ancestor's history. My favorite temple! - - We drove by to see it at night...
...Then came back so the parentals and Pat and Camille could do a session. Me and Chlo entertained ourselves by walking around and on top of all of the benches, over and over again and then picking up leaves and making bouquets, taking lots and lots of pictures, and when we got desperate (and slightly chilled) we watched a little bit of a movie in the waiting room.
When the rest of the family joined us, we spent Thanksgiving morning playing at the beach at the Hotel del Coronodo. It was an awesome beach, too bad it was a little bit too cold to play in much.
Then it was back to the hotel/condo where we made our own little Thanksgiving Dinner. It wasn't exactly like what we would've had at home, but I'd say we did pretty good and ended up having a very nice meal!
Our last full day was spent checking out Shamu and friends at Seaworld. I think the kiddos loved and it, and I'm not gonna lie - so did I! Here we are waiting for Shamu...
Yummy cupcake, can you tell?

Before our flight home, we went down into Seaport Village, walked along the pier and checked everything out. It was FREEZING. (In case you don't know this about the Stratford family, cold weather follows us wherever we go - if you don't believe me, just ask me about snow in Hawaii. I mean, c'mon!) Anyways, we still had fun hanging out down by the water.


So, there was our Thanksgiving adventure, fun - right? Next up, December and all sorts of Christmas festivities...if I was a better blogger, I would've done this last month - and these events would have their own dedicated post. BUT, I'm not and so therefore, here is a synopsis. (Is that a word? And if so, is that the word I want to use here? Either way, it's staying.)

We had a hard time getting together for CLUB in December, but a few of us managed to make it to ZUPA's (dare I say my favorite restaurant of 2010?? yes, I think I do.)

I don't really know what's up with this picture...but it's my friends and I like us, so here we are. See, I wasn't kidding.
Ana and Haley were even lucky enough to hang out with us, it's what I like to call Christmas blessings!

Next up - the hustle and bustle of Christmas Season. First up, Santa came to visit me at work. That's how you know you have been extra super good, when he not only comes to your house on Christmas morning, but finds you before hand at WORK.

We had our family Christmas gathering a week before because Pat and Camille were spending Christmas at the cabin. We had to double dip Pat's birthday with the party, because he was still going to be at the cabin for that.
The whole fam!
And this would be typical right here...we're not normal so much.


When the actual Christmas morning rolled around, we first headed up to Grandma Strat's for brunch and presents. Here's my beautiful gram, love her!

Then it was off to ma and pa's to open more presents,
then to Grandpa and Grandma Bybee's for a nice visit.

I will say this year we had a Christmas miracle. Cub was present and PLEASANT for all the festivities. Trust me people, THIS NEVER HAPPENS. That night after all the marrieds and everyone were off doing whatever it is they do, Cub even came with me, ma, and pa to the movie! I know, RIGHT! So basically, it was a good day...and a good month!

And this my friends, I have decided, will be the end of this post. I'll pick up where I left off soon. Promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIndsay im so glad your still alive, i look on her a lot and i begin to wonder somethimes :)

Ticey said...

I'm so glad you played catch up because I felt so lost - but now I feel good being all caught up. Thanks for doing that!!