Day Two's Itinerary - Leave Aberdeen and make our way to Inverness.
Here is a map of Scotland so you have a better idea of where we were.

This is the view from the road. You have to walk down a hill and down a million stairs to get to it, all well worth it.

But wait, what are those? Cows? Say it isn't so! You'd think Ronnie would be sick of seeing cows and would not search them out, but...he does.
So, here's my nerdy dad posing in front of the cows.

Mom and me making our way to the castle.

The view from the castle, beautiful!



This is the view from the castle looking at where we came from. If you look close you can see the stairs in the top right corner.

One last look of Dunnottar before we head out.

This pic was taken while cruising along the street, this was our view for most of the way. The yellow fields are Rapeseed fields. They were everywhere, and I loved them.

After we arrived at our destination - Holiday Inn Express Inverness, we headed downtown to check it out and find some dinner. We settled on Chinese, it was delicious and missed it later on in the trip.
I survived (barely) walking over it. For those of you who don't know this about me, deathly afraid of bridges - especially bridges over water. We got to the other side of the river by walking along the road bridge - much sturdier and less frightening, but took this on the way back. It shook the whole time, my life flashed before my eyes. Not in a hurry to do that again.

Day 3 we hunt a famous monster....stay tuned!









3 comments:
Man I wish I was there - I am so jealous! That castle is gorgeous! PS thanks for the map!!
im pretending to be with you on your trip! it looks so pretty!
Can i start off by saying WOW. Those Castle pics are BEAUTIFUL Linds. I only wish to someday experience them in person:) annnnnd the moment i saw the walking bridge...I thought..NO WAY...she didnt!! I am SO PROUD. ps...You never pull your hair back.. and its ADORABLE!!
Post a Comment