Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sightseeing in London - (Euro Trip, Day 6)

Our first day with the group was a day full of taking in the famous London sites. Our first stop - Westminster Abbey. This is where Kate and William were married, exciting right? (That was my sarcastic voice) This is the nation's Coronation church and the burial place for many historical figures in Britain's history. Side note, I'm glad we don't bury people in our church's - it's kind of weird.


The Abbey




Next up, watch the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace. WOAH. Talked about crowded, I felt like we were waiting on Kate and Will to come out and kiss on the balcony. (It doesn't look as crowded as it was, we went during the less busy part of the changing of the guards, and I still thought it was way crowded!) Apparently the changing of the guards takes a while to do, so we got there for the last of it. We couldn't see anything really going on inside the palace gates, but we were front row to watch the guards leave. They have a band playing music and everything when they leave. It was pretty neat to see.



Me in front of the Palace - don't I look like such the tourist?

The guy we pay to travel with...he's kinda weird. Good thing we love him.

Quick look at Big Ben from the bus, there will be more pics of him to come.

Next up, St. Paul's Cathedral. This is a 17th Century cathedral designed by Sir Christopher Wren. We heard his name a lot, he designed much of London WAY back in the day! It's a completely different feel to it than the Abbey. This was brighter inside, where the Abbey is darker and more gothic. Still lots of dead people buried everywhere throughout inside. And for those of you who care, THIS is the cathedral Charles and Diana were married in.


Our final destination was to be the Tower of London. However we lost a few people in the group, got behind schedule and didn't make it to the Tower in time to go in. So here's a pic of the outside, we'll venture back the next morning and go inside.

Mi familia in front of the Tower Bridge

Cheers to a fun day in London - and to another one tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ticey said...

Man I need to go to London. I know all those places and want to see them!!

Hollie said...

Linda...can i just say how beautiful you are..Yes..I have such a Gorgeous friend;)I love all the old history..you know id love it there!!