Friday, July 1, 2011

EuRo TrIP - Day 7

Today was another full day in London. We started back at Tower of London since we didn't make it the day before. The Tower is her majesty's royal palace and fortress. (That's what wikipedia says anyways.)





The guy in the khacki jacket is Mark, he was our guide the day before and then came back to take us around the Tower. The two guys he is talking to are called "beafeaters"....not sure why. But they are basically Tower police.

This is Waterloo Block, it houses the Crown Jewels.


Me and a guard...


After exploring the Tower, we had a free day. Dad was already off on his free day, I'll post some of his pics in another post. He went to see where his ancestors were from, he rented a car and spent the day exploring. Barry went back to the room to do some homework after the tower, while mom, Marlene and I joined a few of the others from the group to find some WICKED tickets. Most everyone else in the group went to the British Museum, so after we acquired our tickets, we joined them. I wish I would've taken a picture, it was GINORMOUS. After...well, not long at all, we decided we were bored so we kept on wandering.

Marlene and Mom in front of the TUBE - aka, the London Underground. We spent a lot of time on the tube this day and I had it DOWN. I hate to brag, but I'm pretty good at DC's metro - but the Tube is much bigger and I didn't know if I had it in me. But by the end of the day, I was basically a pro....just sayin.

We had to see Piccadilly Circus - even if it was just getting off the tube, going up and taking a picture and then getting right back on the tube. Piccadilly is cool....just for a minute though.

Here I am!

And now we're spent....

LOOK, we're FAMOUS in London!

This is the London Eye. It was built for the Millennium and then I guess they liked it - so it's still there. I didn't go on it in case you are wondering.
Thought didn't even cross my mind.

And here's Ben again. Big Ben is actually just the name of the bell in the clock tower. The building itself is the Palace of Westminster. (It's just around the corner from Westminster Abbey.) It is also known as Houses of Parliament.
So basically it's a government building.

Oh and I purposely took the pic with the sightseeing bus - because they are everywhere!!

After a long day of Tube hopping and sightseeing, we went back to the room to freshen up and rest our feet a minute and then back in town we went to see Wicked in the London Theater!

Bazz was supposed to meet us there and we were going to grab some dinner first. WELL...we waited and waited (and since none of us had any phones or form of communication, we waited some more). We realized we wouldn't have time to sit down at a restaurant, so I sent my mom and Marlene to find something to eat while I continued to wait for Bazz. They came back with MAGNUM bars. James and Ash had just told me about these delicious treats they had when they were in England years ago. (PS, you can now buy them here in the United States of America - although, I think they taste better in the UK, maybe it's just the atmosphere.) Anyways, while partaking of my Magnum bar, Bazz comes from around the corner. As it turns out, we were on the back side of the theatre and he had been waiting all this time in the front....whoopsie.


We still had a little bit of time before the show, and we were hungry for more than ice cream, so we walked across the street to Victoria Station - it's a huge train station, and ate the only thing we had time for....Burger King. Don't judge.

And then it was WICKED time. The show was awesome, it was fun to see them acting and singing with their accents.


London was fun, but the next day we head north into what I think is the real exciting and cool stuff! Stay with me people!

3 comments:

Ticey said...

I am totally going to judge you for eating at Burger King in Europe. I kid! I am super jealous you got to see Wicked. I haven't even got to see it in the states....what a looser am I?!

Hollie said...

Correction...(im laughing) You said me and james..introduced you to Magnum..That was James and Ash. Linds..I have Never been to Europe:) hahaha. Of course youd go see Wicked (dont sing the song) :p I cant believe how famous you guys are..first the Hotel..and now the tube? ps. you are a wizard when it comes to underground transportation:)

Lindsay said...

Nice catch Ho. I fixed it!