Thursday, July 21, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - PART 2

So when the beginning of the end, or HP and the DH Part 1 came out last year, they came to the maze selling tickets to this sweet party where we got to go see the movie at like 8 o'clock the night before it opened, before all the midnight madness. It also included bowling and mini golfing and the arcades and so on and so forth. My cousin and Aimee and I (the maze party people) all went and had a blast!! So when it came time for HP 7.2, we were gung ho to go back for more. Unfortunately my crew (cousins) were going to be in Bear Lake. The nerve! Well I had every intention of waiting for them, but one night my dear ol' pal Stacey asked if we were going to the midnight show. I hadn't planned on it but knowing she wanted to go and knowing how upset our Jamie friend was for not inviting her the first time, I thought, LET'S DO THIS. And DO THIS we did. I just so happened to get on Megaplex's website the night the tickets became available so I snagged us some seats before they sold out.

11:59 p.m. Thursday, July 14 we had a date. All 6 of us. We were all a little nervous because none of us are as young as we used to be (except for Ana) and we weren't sure if we'd make it through the night. But we napped up and off we went!

We met up just before 9 and had a late dinner at Iggy's. We weren't sure what would be open seeing as how it was a Thursday night and all, but we figured Iggy's was a safe bet.

James, me and Ames

Stai, Hae and Ana
Our waiter had super powers and dinner was great. But we were left craving ice cream after, I had already checked, Farr's Fresh closed at 9. Our super waiter told us Sub Zero just down the way, would be open so we ventured over. Fail. There were a lot of people in there but the second we opened the door we were informed they closed 3 minutes prior. So we googled Farr's and they too closed at 10. We almost gave up when Ana in all her infinite wisdom told us Zeppe's was open until 11. Krissie headed home (oh, ps - Krissie came to dinner with us, she's not in my pic because she was slow) and the 6 of us hopped in my car (my car that seats 5) and cruised over to Zeppe's.



THANK YOU ZEPPE'S for coming through for us!

Back to the theater we went to join in the festivities. Jamie has all the cool pictures on her camera - we tried to get a pic with every character there. We got Ron and Hermoine (at Zeppe's actually) and Harry of course, Hagrid and the even the evil Voldemort!

The Elmer girls were all sorts of cool with their shirts. Haley had a Hogwarts shirt, James said "Harry is my Homeboy" (AWE-SOME!) and Ana, the Muggle.
(Jamie made Ana's shirt ps. Cute, right?)

The rest of us were Muggles too - just without the cool shirt.
And could Stacey look any cuter with that belly??

The HP Nerdies


After scoping out the party people, we took our seats in anticipation for the show.


Just wanted to see how I'd look if (or when) I get blind.

3 of my FAVORITE people! Can you believe we've been friends since Elementary school??


We seriously had a BLAST and we all even successfully stayed awake through the whole movie - which was awesome btw.

Side note, my beloved cousins - I did miss you. I think we need to do midnight Breaking Dawn to make up for it...eh? EH?

5 comments:

Ticey said...

Well I'm a little t.o.'d that you went without me - I'm totally kidding :) Glad you guys went and had fun! I made up for it and went as soon as I got home - it was awesome by the way! I'm totally down for the Breaking Dawn night!! Can't wait!!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I wish I could of gone with you! I still have not seen it yet:(

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

You guys are HP NERDOS!!!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

I would love you guys to come visit anytime!! Just let me know when you want to come out!! Warning my house is kinda small so you guys may have to share a room!

Hollie said...

You gals are geeks. But i like you anyway. I wish i could have made it to Iggys:( not so sad about the movie part.