Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Can we say slacker? And Gratitude photo challenge.

So....woah. I haven't blogged since July? REALLY?? I'm pretty much the worst blogger in all of America! Then again, I'm not really sure anyone even looks at this thing now-a-days, so I'm not too worried about it. But for my own sake, to help me remember things because my brain isn't functioning so well in my old age, I will try and catch up. Eventually.

But for now, I stumbled across this little 30 day Gratitude Photo Callenge on Pinterest and thought to myself, I'm gonna do this. As many of you know, my sweet Grandma Stratford passed away last week and it has definitely been a time to reflect what is truly important. I am so unbelievably grateful for so many things, most importantly my family, the gospel and the knowledge and comfort it brings me.

I promise to try and catch up on misc. happenings in my life amongst these little gratitude posts, because you know you want to know what I do every day. Admit it.

So, here we go. I have to play catch up since I saw this today, November 2nd - so here is day one and two for you.

Day 1 - My Favorite Food



PineaPple!
It's true, I LOVE me some pineapple! I love it plain, love it grilled, and let's be real honest, I pretty much love it in any and everything. I know there are many food sceptics who believe fruit should not be put in food, like pizza for example. But not me, I will ALMOST eat it in everything.

So for today, which let's pretend is really yesterday, I am grateful for pineapple!!


Ps, I'm sure the idea was to actually take the pictures for this challenge yourself, and I will for some. But since I'm at work (shh, don't tell I'm blogging whilst at work) (and don't worry that I just said whilst, I picked that word up on my travels to the UK) I will enlist the help of google images.


Day 2 - Smile



This is my cute 98 year old grandpa. We went over last week to wish him a Happy Birthday and I snapped this picture with my phone. I wish I could've captured his face right before I snapped the pic, he had a great big cheeser! So, today - especially since this is somewhat of a sad day being my grandma's viewing, I am grateful for smiles and happy, uplifting people in my life!





Stay tuned for more photo-gratitude-goodness!

4 comments:

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Just so you know I read your blog!

Anonymous said...

i read your blog and get a BIG HAPPY FACE when its a the tope of my list that you updated it! now i need to update mine too.

hope your doing ok, were thinking of you guys!

Dallas & Michelle said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma my friend. I sure do love ya, and LOVE reading your blog. So bring on the updates!!

Ticey said...

Seriously how cute is your Grandpa?!