Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude - Days 12, 13 & 14

Whoopsie! I've been slacking...time to catch up. I'm going to switch things up a little bit, I'm struggling with the photo challenges for days 12-14. It's not that I'm not grateful for my hands, written words - which I thought we already covered with books, and movement. I'm very grateful for those, but I'm also grateful for some other things that are NOT on the challenge. So, since it's my blog and I'm the boss, I'm going to post about those instead!

Day 1 - My FAMILY
We're in desperate need of a new family photo. Perrin was a baby here and Chloe was in Camille's tummy. But none-the-less, I'm VERY grateful for my family!
I'm so lucky to have such wonderful parents who would do anything for me, and I mean anything!

I'm also lucky to have 5 MOSTLY wonderful brothers.
I'm SO thankful for CUBBIE - my personal handyman who makes my HGTV dreams come true; for BEN - my neighbor/lawnmower/Tiki letter outer; for ERIK - my techie nerd who helps with anything technologically related, he also made Perrin and that right there is enough for me to be overly grateful; for PATRICK.....I can remember when I went into 7th grade and Pat was in 9th. The first day of school he told me he didn't know me and I didn't know him and to keep it that way. Then in high school he wouldn't give me rides, I had catch rides with our neighbors (Trev and Megan)...but somewhere along the way, Luda Lou Lou became one of my best friends, and of course he made Chloe so there's that; and for BAZZLE - my scholastic overachiever of a brother, who too has always been one of my best friends and who I have big plans for him to become a rich lawyer so he can support his one and only sister!



Day 13 - My HOME

I love my home and am so grateful for it. (Except the first day of each month when my house payment is due.) I have had so much fun fixing things up, I mean hiring Cub to fix things up, and decorating and RE-DECORATING (thanks to Pinterest) each room! My latest project has been my spare room. Why I feel like I need the cutest spare room in America, I'll never know. But I've sure had fun doing it!
My brass bed - another one of those "I'll take that" items from my mom.
(It too came from my grandpa's.) I bought the white quilt before I bought the house because I had a wild hair.

My KSL yellow desk find. This was the motivation for the re-vamping of the room! I knew I wanted some kind of desk or dresser in there and when I found this desk I HAD TO HAVE IT! It then prompted me to change the bedding from the previous brown and add all the accessories there are now. Love you little yellow desk!


Wall....thank you Taz for hating that window so I could inherit it from Aimee!

My suitcase nightstand. Finally put all my suitcases I inherited from Gramps to good use!

Next on my house DREAM to do list: wood floors and fireplace. FYI - I AM accepting donations...



Day 14 - TELEVISION

I know, I know - don't judge.
*Steve McGarrett, Hawaii Five-O. My boyfriend.

So, yeah....I watch tv. Like a lot of it. Settle down, I'm a single gal who lives with her dog and I'm not ashamed.
I am grateful for my tv, my tv boyfriends, my tv friends, my source of entertainment on a daily basis!

I think I may have just shared too much. Let's all still be friends, ok? I'll be back with more grateful goodness.




1 comments:

Ticey said...

MMMMMM Love me some Steve McGarrett! And how cute is your guest room - can I come sleepover?!?! Love Captain Ron's family!!