Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gratitude Photo Challenge - Day 3

Happiness

So last night I checked to see what today's photo challenge was....Happiness. Really?? I'm supposed to take a picture that reminds me of happiness - on the day of my grandma's funeral? Yeah right.


Today really ended up being a good day. Obviously a sad day, but still good. The service was very nice, my dad, aunt and uncles did a very good job remembering and honoring her. And I couldn't help but walk away but a full heart of gratitude for the Plan of Salvation. I've said it once, and I'll say it again - I do not know how people without that knowledge deal with death and tragedy. It is for sure the only thing that gets me through losing my sweet grandma.


My "happiness" picture on any other given day I'm sure would not be my family gathered around my grandma's casket, but today - it is what makes me happy.
I am so unbelievably grateful for the knowledge that saying goodbye to my grandma the night before she passed away, and seeing her body this morning before they shut the casket, will NOT be the last time I see her. I know I will be with her again, and in the mean time I can't help but smile knowing she is with her Frank after almost 17 years. I just wish I could've been a fly on the wall in heaven to witness that reunion. (side note, I really hope there are not flies in heaven.)

~Happiness~
I'm so grateful my grandparents and parents were married and sealed in the temple and that our family is eternal.


This is all of the Stratford cousins (minus Erik, Pat, Bazz, Derek, Rylan and Kadee... I think that's everyone!) with our cookbooks from Grandma. Grams loved her cookbooks and had lots of them so Aunt Becky thought it would be fun for all of us to be able to take home that little part of Gram on this day. (great idea!) It also made me happy to be with my cousins, especially those who live away in different states (I'm talking to you Jen). I sure do love my forever family!

While we're on the subject, I just need to say how grateful I am for such loving friends, neighbors and extended family. Thank you to all those who have sent messages, texts and flowers and came to the viewing and funeral. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such thoughtful and loving people! Your kind words and deeds were very much appreciated during this difficult time! I love you all!!!

2 comments:

Wendee said...

Oh Lindsay, I think your picture is perfect for happiness, because it is a Plan of Happiness that we can be with our loved ones again. I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy losing someone close to you. My grandma passed away when I was little and I still miss and think about her. Thank goodness for the gospel and that great plan! Luv ya!

Ticey said...

It sure was a special day! Love you Gram!!