Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gratitude Day 6

BOOKS

I cannot tell a lie, I am the worst reader ever. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW HOW to read....I just don't get around to doing it very often. But just because I don't take the time to read as much as I should, doesn't mean I'm not grateful for a good book. When I find a good read, I don't accomplish anything else until I'm done reading it. Take the Twilight series for example. (I know, I know. Don't judge.)

When I started reading Twilight, I carried the books with me wherever I went and read at EVERY opportunity. We're talkin I hoped I hit every red light wherever I went so I could read for a few more minutes.
Team Edward all the way.

Then it was The Hunger Games. (Notice a pattern, I don't read smart, deep stuff. I can't handle it. I'm open with it.) I took the first of this series with me to DC a few years ago. I sat around in the hotel room reading because I couldn't put it down. Just for the record, it's not generally a good idea to sit in a hotel room and read whilst (my new favorite word) in DC. There is much more to see and do.....but - that's what I did.


And just had to throw this in because I love Ree. And I love Ree and MM's story. I need myself a MM. WHERE ARE YOU, MY OKLAHOMAN (is that a word?) RANCHER??


And of course, last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST, there is the best book of all. The Book of Mormon. Talk about grateful!! I am forever grateful for this book! I would be lying if I said I read it as much as I should....(I'm working on it) but I have read it and I believe it. I am eternally grateful for Joseph Smith for translating it for our time. I'm thankful for the truth found within it's pages, for the guidance and comfort it brings!
So, yeah...my pic is of more than the B.O.M. That's because I too am grateful for the Bible, the D&C and the Pearl of Great Price. I believe them all to be the words of God and I'm so thankful I have their guidance in my life!

1 comments:

Ticey said...

I need to read more!