Wednesday, November 9, 2011

California Chick Trip!

In September, the Stratford girls invaded my mom's cousin Marlene and her Newport Beach beachhouse for the weekend. We had SO MUCH FUN! Marlene's home was beautiful and it was so nice to just be able to relax and enjoy the sun!



Our first day, after spending a few hours in the insta-care because the plane ride and Camille didn't get along, we headed over to Huntington Beach. (Leaving Camille home in bed trying to let the Rx's work some magic so she'd feel better!) We started our HB adventure at Target looking for beach chairs. We walked away with some towels, eh. Whatev's. Then it was onto lunch at Ruby's on the pier. What a fun place with the old school diner atmosphere!



After we filled up on lunch, we spent a few hours playing and relaxing on the beach!


That night, we walked over to the Italian restaurant down the road from Marlene's house for some dinner. They had the best appetizer with pesto sauce ever in all of America! As a matter of fact, I'm dreaming of it right now.


The next day we decided to check out Balboa Island. We rode over on a ferry - a first for me! Kind of fun! Check out that awesome sunburn line. Apparently I struggled while putting on the sunscreen. Whoopsie.


Group shot at Balboa!


Kris, me, Camille, Gina, mom and Marlene
The island, which is actually a peninsula, had the FuNnEsT houses ever! We did a lot of gawking!

Then we of course had to try a Bluth Frozen Banana! Ok, so it wasn't a Bluth one, but I pretended it was. (That's an Arrested Development reference for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about!) After getting back and being lazy for a bit, Gina and I took the beach cruisers out and rode to Newport's pier. Um, can I just say that I LOVED THAT BEACH CRUISER?! I need one. Anyone wondering about what I want for Christmas, that's it! I know it won't have the same affect because I won't be strolling along the beach, but I can use my imagination!


Anyways, loved the afternoon ride!


Later on, we went back to Huntington Beach and had dinner at Fred's Mexican Cafe. There was a long wait, so what better way to spend it than SHOPPING! Got some super cute shoes at Jack's.
Some fruity yumminess at Fred's.


So, somehow I missed a day in here somewhere. I honestly can't remember what we did! I know there was pizza involved, and laziness, oh and the community pool. We visited the pool daily (less sandy than the beach).


Our last day started with a morning swim at the pool, then we packed and cleaned up, had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, then drove over to check out the Newport Beach Temple.


Me and mom at the TempleThe temple is like a sand color, built to blend in with the rest of the buildings in Newport. It had lots of fun landscaping surrounding it, with sort of a California desserty feel. Very pretty!


A great big, GINORMOUS thank you to Marlene for opening her home to us, and for coming and spending the weekend with us! We had SO SO much fun and hope to go back frequently (if she'll allow it)! We LOVE your Marlene!!


1 comments:

Ticey said...

Man I want to go there - looks like fun! What a beautiful temple too!!