Wow, what a week I had! Let me start by saying that when I was asked by a member of the Stake Presidency to serve as a EFY (Especially For Youth) counselor - - I was NOT excited! In fact, I tried to think of any excuse to get out of it, but how do you tell the Stake Pres no? So fast forward to now, I am SO THANKFUL for the opportunity I had to go and serve as a counselor!
Ever feel like your just kind of in a rutt and need to get out? Well, that was me and I know that EFY was just what I needed. I got so much more out of last week than probably any of the youth did! And can I just say that the kids there were AMAZING! After dealing with punk teenagers every year at the maze, I thought all hope was gone....but now my faith has been restored. (Wow, this is one cheesy post, I apologize!) But seriously, the kids were so awesome! I just had to sit back in awe of them. The things they would come up with whether in class or devotional or whatever, were seriously so deep! I learned so much from them - and like I said, I feel so grateful I was able to be there.
Here's just a sampling of my week - BLOGGER takes one million years to upload pics, so I'll keep it short. (Ok, I'll try anyways)





Ok, so I was only going to post a few pics....whoops. Got a little carried away.
Here's just a sampling of my week - BLOGGER takes one million years to upload pics, so I'll keep it short. (Ok, I'll try anyways)
This pic is good for two reasons.
One: check out those boys pants!
Two: Thanks to the Swine Flu- hand shakes, high fives and basically anything normal was out. So all week, it was elbow bumpin! I'm not sure what the difference is, but it's what we did! And man was it cool!

Elbow bumpin with my co-counselors!
Continue in the Faith Company

Angela, Nate, Me and Diana

Continue in the Faith - pretty much the best company ever!

Some pretty great people here, the counselors for the week!
PS, it was "Button up Wednesday" which is why we all look so cool!
(that and we had just been outside during a downpour and we're all soppin wet)

Just a note, these boys were my hero's! If only I was 10 years younger! Such gentlemen!!
So the theme for this year is "Be Thou an Example" and I truly hope that I will be able to remember what I learned and try my hardest to make good choices in everything I do! I will forever be thankful for this opportunity and the friends I was able to make!
That is all...


















5 comments:
Looks like you had a good time, and I'm pretty sure you were the best counselor their and that everyone loved you!
I am so glad you had a good time. Looks like you meet some neat people and had a great experience!! Looks like Lagoon was fun for you too!
It looks like you had a great time! You were probably the awesomest counselor ever! I'm so glad you got to go. I miss you by the way. I am trying to plan a road trip up in the next week or two. I hope to hang out with you!!
So your the second friend I've known that went and was an EFY counselor. I went to EFY twice when I was a teen and loved it--but the counselor were what made it so much fun and I'm sure it was the same with your little group!
I'm jealous you got to go, I think that'd be so much fun. The only thing that is crazy to me is that it seems like I should still be young enough to go to EFY...where did the years go by Linds? craziness!
it looks like you had a good time
Post a Comment