Cross three more states off my list! Last week, my parents took me and a few of my siblings to Maine! (And Massachusetts and you have to drive through New Hampshire to get to one another - thus the three states)
You see, my dad and some of his friends bid on a week vacation in Maine at his last Farmers Union Convention - and they got it! Well, in preparing to go - circumstances changed and his friends were no longer able to go. So rather than let a paid weeklong stay go to waste, they ended up taking us! It was really fun to be able to see so many things in a place we probably never would have otherwise gone!
We flew into Boston and made our way up to Maine. Our first night, we spent in Quincy, Massachusetts. **We recently watched the John Adams mini series, so we had to go see his birth place and home.
John Adams birthplace
John Adams home - Peacefield





After visiting the Adams Historical sites, we headed north. We drove through Concord and then stopped for lunch in Lexington. (Both early Revolutionary War sites) They were awesome places, but both super busy so we didn't get to see a whole lot of them.


Next stop: Salem, MA. Another cool place - I don't know what it is about these Massachusetts towns, but they rule! Another downside tho, most everything was closed by the time we got there but still had lots to see. It just would've been cool to learn more about the witch trials and everything, but I guess I'll have to google it and call it good.













After visiting the Adams Historical sites, we headed north. We drove through Concord and then stopped for lunch in Lexington. (Both early Revolutionary War sites) They were awesome places, but both super busy so we didn't get to see a whole lot of them.
Lexington, MA


Next stop: Salem, MA. Another cool place - I don't know what it is about these Massachusetts towns, but they rule! Another downside tho, most everything was closed by the time we got there but still had lots to see. It just would've been cool to learn more about the witch trials and everything, but I guess I'll have to google it and call it good.


After Salem, we were off to Maine! We got into our cabin about 10 at night and we felt like we had driven to no man's land and with all the trees and everything, it was SO DARK! We couldn't see anything, we all thought we were walking into a horror movie, and we weren't all going to make it out alive. But then again, we were too tired to care....and look, we all survived!
I don't have too many pics of the cabin, the boys have tons on their cameras so maybe one day... but here is the back of it.
After spending our first day just chillin at the cabin, canoeing in the pond - and taking naps, we spent the next few days venturing around other parts of Maine. We drove a few hours to Bar Harbor, apparently a huge tourist attraction. (sorry, not very many pics)


On the way back, we stopped in Buxport so everyone (minus me, mom and Chloe) could go up into the observatory in this bridge.



View of Buxport

The next day, we drove to Camden - definitely one of my favorites!


This would be the only kind of lobster I ate - the sugar cookie kind!


After Camden, we went the Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park, where I met my new lobster friend.


On our way back to Boston, we stopped in yet another awesome little town, Kennebunkport, Maine. This place was insane with tourists, so finding a place to park with two cars wasn't happening - we did however stop by the beach for a few quick shots. This whole town was so flippin' cool, I definitely want to go back! This lovely home was for sale, the beach was right across the street. I asked my dad to buy it for me, he said no. Sad story, I know.
(Ps speaking of homes, I saw so many cool houses on this trip I could hardly stand it! They are all so old and colonial and cool and I loved them...the end)




Our last day we spent back in Boston seeing some of the sites. We got in around 5 pm and started our journey. We walked all over the Boston Freedom Trail for about 3 hours until our legs/feet couldn't take anymore! I seriously loved Boston!!! There was so much history and all of the buildings were just awesome! We definitely needed some more time here -but I'm glad we were able to see what we did!


And last but not least, before we had to catch our plane, we went out to see the Boston Temple! It was, of course, beautiful!






We also drove through Harvard - but again, finding a place to park one car, let alone two - wasn't happening! But it too was so cool!
So basically - New England is was amazing! I'm so glad we were able to see so much, it was definitely a trip to remember! Thank you THANK YOU to mom and dad for making it happen!















6 comments:
It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love going to new places and learning about them!
It all looks so awesome - wish I got the invite :) Glad you had fun!!
Fun trip!! Hope you had a blast!!
Hello Cousin of mine!! Fun trip! And I am a huge fan of Old lady club!! Lets hang out soon!
Lindsay,
I heard from the grape-vine that you may be taking another trip to the COOL part of the country DC/VA, you know if you come and see me you may accidentally end up at Panera or Potbelly's and then check out our new place in person! You know Ryan would be heartbroken if his crush didn't come and see him.....
That looks like a great time! I jealous. I miss you!
Post a Comment