Monday, September 14, 2009

Washington DC - again!

Yes, I went again. Yes, that's twice in one year! We couldn't help it, after Hollie and I went to see Night at the Museum 2 - Battle of the Smithsonian, we decided we didn't get enough of it the first time and just had to go back! It actually worked out quite nicely because once we started planning and after we had invited little brother Bazzle to join us, he informed us he had a friend that had an apartment that we could stay in for free - SCORE!
So for Labor Day Weekend, off we went!

Here we are, showing off the apartment! Ok, and just a little side note I have to throw in....this very apartment belonged to Barack Obama when he was a senator, so we stayed where the president lived, impressive right? (Not really, who really cares right??)



The view from the apartmentThe other view....

Pringle Duck Face
The apartment is just out of Chinatown, so this is where we'd walk everyday to get to the metro.
The Capitol - everything is so cool at night, the pics don't do them justice! Just close your eyes and imagine it...
Washington Monument

World War II MemorialLincoln Memorial
Abe Lincoln
Ford's Theatre
The White House

The box where Lincoln was shot

The room where Lincoln died
The Old Post Office
View from the Old Post Office
The Eastern Market Delicious apples at the Eastern Market
At the American History Smithsonian - with Julia Child
This is for you Stai - Dorothy's shoes!
So happy to be back!

The Library of CongressInside the Library
Bazz and the Supreme Court
Me and Hollie in Georgetown
Getting ready to peace out

We had a super swell time visiting our beloved DC. Special thanks to Spencer for letting us crash at his place! Until next time...

5 comments:

deLeon Family said...

Lindsay,

My favorite photographer, I wanted to let you know there is always an opening at the "Hotel deLeon" so when is your next trip? We live in Old Town, and there is a train station less than 7 minutes from my house that will take you to DC. Now I can't compare with the view, but I have 5 other little views you can check out. Ha Ha Ha. I'm glad DC treated you good, hope you can come again SOON....

deLeon Family said...

Lindsay,

My favorite photographer, I wanted to let you know there is always an opening at the "Hotel deLeon" so when is your next trip? We live in Old Town, and there is a train station less than 7 minutes from my house that will take you to DC. Now I can't compare with the view, but I have 5 other little views you can check out. Ha Ha Ha. I'm glad DC treated you good, hope you can come again SOON....

Ticey said...

So maybe next time I could get on the DC invite trip! Hey I am impressed that you stayed in the Presiden't old pad!

Dustin, Joni & Brighton said...

That looks like so much fun! Remember me next time you go! I would love to go!

Texie said...

Sheesh, what have you been doing becides vactioning all summer long! Wish I had your life!!!