A few month ago, my mom asked me if I would to go Dallas with her so she could be there when her friend went through the Temple. I figured since I had never been to Texas before, why not. Well change of plans, Shirley (my mom's friend) ended up changing her temple date but we had already bought our plane tickets, so away we went - just for fun.
I told them we had to drive to the temple so we could still say we "went to the temple" with Shirley, so we did. And in fact, their distribution center is inside the temple, so we even went INTO the temple with her...which was more than I had originally planned on doing!


After the temple, we went to this huge mall called "The Galleria" where I proceeded to spend too much money. Anyways, the one drawback of the trip was that I had tickets to see New Moon on opening day that I was now going to miss. Depressing I know...but I figured that it would still be playing when I got back so I just dealt with it. So anyways, when we were walking through Nordstrom's and Shirley saw these cut outs of Edward and Jacob, she insisted I pose with them.....ok.
After wearing ourselves out from shopping, we just headed back to the house. Luckily, I had packed Twilight so Shirley could see what the fuss was all about. After watching it and converting Shirley, we decided we would try and get tickets for the next morning. Luckily Texans apparently don't care about it quite as much as us Utahns, because we were able to get tickets!
I for one, was impressed! Now I just need to see it again! And again...
Next, we headed into Downtown Dallas and Shirley took us to see these Texas Longhorns.



Then she took us to see where JFK was shot. The killer was in this building, the 5th window up, last one on the right.
There is a X in the road, marking where Kennedy was. There was a constant crowd of people running into the middle of the road, dodging traffic, to take their picture there. I wasn't that die hard, so I just took a picture of them doing it!
This is the JFK Memorial down the road a bit.
Sam Moon aka Karl's heaven! Shirley said we had to see Sam Moon, so that we did. Oh my gosh, it was crazy! You walk in and there are just purses EVERYWHERE! (It's a good thing I don't have that big of a purse fetish like one of my cousins that shall remain nameless...oh wait, I already used her name. Whoops!) Anyways besides purses, they had jewelry, scarves, luggage, etc etc... It was pretty ridicuous! They also have a cop at the door and one wandering, so I had to be really brave to sneak a picture...and it really doesn't do it any justice. Pretty crazy place!
The next day, we ventured to the airport, but by taking the long way.
First we drove by some ridiculously large houses that just made me jealous.
And then to South Fork. Which meant absolutely nothing to me, but may to at least someone out there. This is where the tv show DALLAS was filmed. Neat, eh?
And then home we came. It was a fun little trip to see somewhere I never had. Thanks Shirley for being a great host and Mom for taking me! Until next time...





3 comments:
We missed you lots at New Moon but I'm so glad you got to see it there, let's plan to see it all together again really soon!! And maybe lets plan a trip to Dallas to go to that purse store!
Super Fun! I wanna go on your next random adventure!
Looks like a fun trip - even though I still am a little mad at you for missing New Moon (I only kid), I am glad you got to see it there tho' Holy purses - good thing Karl wasn't there huh?!?!
Post a Comment