Well apparently it's time for an update because I'm pretty sure you are all dying to know what is going on with me...So here goes:
Well, first off, I am currently a student. Yes, you heard me - a STUDENT.

You see, I've gone to college off and on since I graduated (almost 10 years ago!) and to this day, I have nothing to show for it! As of right now, all I need for my associates degree is MATH. I despise MATH. So, with some friendly pushing from a certain someone I work with (John) - I have enrolled at the ATC taking MATH classes! I'm pretty flippin smart, so I had to start at the very bottom, we're talking junior high math. But I've made my way through Math 950 and am almost done with 960! Then I'll just need 1010 at the ATC, and 1050 at Weber, and I should have it! My goal is to have it before I hit my 10 year mark! (Overachiever, I know!)
My next super exciting news - I'm going to the JUSTIN BIEBER CONCERT! Boo ya baby!
If you don't know who Mr. Bieber is, then you apparently live under a rock. Justin Bieber is the latest teen sensation, I mean pre-teen sensation! And I'm so on board! Ok, in all reality, I think I've only heard one of his songs - "baby baby baby oh....like baby, baby baby oh!" And really, it's because of Miss Chelsea Lately that I even know who he is, but when some family friends told their daughter the only way she could go is if I took her, how could I not?? So, yep - MacKell and me, July 10, you better believe it!
Now let me back track a little, here's me and mi amigas at my house for club in March - we made super cute pinwheels, courtesy of my ever so creative cousin Ticey Jo! (Thanks pal!) They were lots of fun and we had a blast making them!
Next, Perrin came out and got some goodies at the Farr West Easter Egg Hunt. He had so much fun but was mostly concerned about playing in the playground. He got about two minutes in before I insisted we leave because it was freezing!

A few weeks ago, I had to go down to Springdale for work. For those of you who don't know, (I didn't, I had to google it) - Springdale is down by Zions Canyon, about an hour away from St. George. My GREAT GREAT GRANDPA was buried in what is now a little ghost town right by Springdale, called Grafton. So my mom wanted to come down and go see it. So basically I spent my days in class, my mom hung out in the room and at night we played...well a little bit, I mostly did homework, but we did manage to play a little. We went to St. George one night and the other night we ventured to Grafton.
My Great Great Gramps Grave.
Me and Ma at the Grafton Cemetary
Standing in front of one of the old houses there


It was a pretty neat place all secluded from everything else. I guess it was a little too secluded, which is why everyone living there eventually left and why it is now a ghost town. Oh and the buildings look like they're in fairly decent shape because people have recently gone in and restored them. I remember going as a kid and they didn't look like this!
Ok and drum roll please....
LAST, BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, I have news! I put in offer in on a house a few weeks ago and after some countering and some confusion, I just got the OFFICIAL word that I am UNDER CONTRACT!
Soon I will call this little beaut "Home". It's a HUD home and is in need of a little TLC, but I'm excited to go in and make it mine! I do have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I have been looking (casually) since I sold my townhome, but have also been perfectly content living at home. But when I found this in an area I really love - it's super close to work and family, I decided to go ahead with it! I'm really not looking forward to the dreaded mortgage payment, but I feel like it's the next step for me. Hopefully it won't scare away too many "possible suitors" Ha Ha, right dad??
So that's it folks, that's my story and I'm stickin to it!



6 comments:
thanks for the update linny. i'm so so so jealous that i am not as blessed as you to attend mr. beiber's concert (or NOT) and i can't wait to call you "neighbor" (that one I mean for real). yay for you!
i apparently live under a rock cuse i still have no clue (even after googling mr. beiber)who he is. but that isnt saying uch for me:) CONGRATS on the house! it looks so cute. parties at your place now!
For your opinion I have been dying to know what is going on with you so I am glad you did an update :) First off, way to go on math - I hate it too but hey you are on your way. Look at you go. PS if you still need my super sweet calculator it is at your becon call anytime! Justin Beiber huh :) Well aren't you so nice to take her!! That is cool you got to go see your great gramp's grave. Looks like quite the little old town! And finally SO excited for your house! I drove by the other day and it is gonna be so cute! Can't wait to see the inside all finished and dolled up with all your cuteness you have! OH PS glad the pinwheels worked out!
Congrats on your new house!! I can't wait to see what cute things you do with it! Way to go on your math classes! I knew you could do it...just think of how nice it will be to be done with math FOREVER! That's so neat that you got to see your Great Grandpa's grave, I'm glad you were able to squeeze in some fun at your conference.
Congrats on your new house it looks like it is nice!
Holy crap, you little Home Owner! I am extremely excited for you!!! When can I come see this little treasure??? Let's plant flowers in your yard. Can we please??
Post a Comment