So I had yesterday off because of Presidents' Day, so my mom, Erik and me went down to the State Capitol for a tour with our local representative, Kerry Gibson. (Acutally Kerry had to be on the "floor" so his interns actually gave the tour. I had never been to the Utah State Capitol so it was interesting. The funnest part was actually having Bazz there to point out who everyone was. Oh, ps - - Bazz was there "working". He spends all of his days at the Capitol during the legislation and his boss was nice enough to let him come hang out with us while we were there. We got to see all sorts of people you see on the news, like Rod Decker. (I looked for Rod Decker - 2News - all day and said I was going to get a picture with him, but when I saw him I of course chickened out...he drives me nuts for the record) Here are some pics from our fun day....

K, on this picture - notice the girl walking towards in camo - that's Miss Utah. We watched her walk up the stairs coming towards us and Erik told me to get a picture but I was too scared, so I got her back instead.....

After a while of following our "tour guides" and not being able to hear most of what they were saying, we drifted off and went to meet Bazz's boss and "his people" if you will.... Spencer Stokes, who is some what of Barry's mentor, ended up taking us into all the different committee rooms in the Capitol and telling us little known facts we wouldn't have heard from the tour guides, it was really interesting and very nice of him to take the time to show us around! Thanks Spencer, you are the bomb diggity!
After the tour we went and had lunch at some restaurant across from the Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square with Bazz and then dropped him back off at the Capitol so he could actually accomplish something and we headed home. We picked Perrin up on the way home so of course I have to show some pictures of my cute boy! He has had RSV and lost 3 pounds, so he's still a little man, but he sure is cute!!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Presidents' Day
Posted by Lindsay at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Well aren't you guys so into the holiday - I'm so proud. And once again "P" is just the cutest ever.
How come you never invite me to do fun things on Presidents Day? You know it's my favorite Holiday!!
I didn't know little Perrin was sick! Poor Little Guy! He looks like his cheerful self tho. He's awesome.
P.S., yes my mom did indeed cut her hair. It's up to her chin. It's way cute. You'll have to drop in and see it one of these days.
P.P.S. I will FOR SURE be at club next week. Nothing could keep me from coming this time.
P.P.P.S. Ben wanted me to verify that I really did have to take him to the E.R. on Monday morning. He is my handicapped husband. :)
Wow..look at Bazz all professional! hes gunna be president one day:) and you guys...well dont you look all political as crap! sure glad you got to spend time with political people and all that jazz. And can i say that your lil Perrin is soooo cute...his lil smile is adorable..i hope the lil gupper get better:( :)!!
ps. your a geek
pps. jamie is a geek
ppps. Hollie is one bad mother ah-er!
Wow Hollie needs to lay off whatever she is taking in. Anyways, It looks like good times in capitol land. Soon it will be Baz as President and you wont be able to stand that close to him. I am proud of Bazzinator, he is my hero. How does everyone use my words? I just noticed Ho bag used a "gupper" of mine. That is my word. Oh well. Keep on truckin Lindsifer.
Hey I found you blog through amanda's looks like everything is going great, i'm way jealous of your trip to Hawaii.
Looks like you guys had a fun day!! I hope P gets feeling better soon, thats so sad :( but he is still cute as ever!!
I can not believe you were scared of Miss Utah!!!! What a fun way to spend the holiday, you're such a patriotic American!
I am me
No, you are the bomb double diggity! It was a great time and Barry is my mentor.
-Spencer
Post a Comment