Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Come on in...

Welcome to my humble abode. So I discovered two things, 1) I didn't take very many "before" pics of the house. And all along I thought I had done so well! And 2) Taking pictures of rooms, especially small ones - like bathrooms, is NOT as easy as it looks! But, I did try and as promised, here are a few before and after pics of mi casa.


This is my front room, OBVIOUSLY before.
I promise this picture does not do this red wall justice. It was AWFUL!

And AFTER:
Repainted all the walls and trim. This wall still needs my Grandfather clock that I'm too scared to move...but when I get brave, it will replace the chair.
*Still need something above the couch, I'm workin on it.


My lovely Lady Bug laundry room - you probably can' tell, but the things stenciled along the ceilings are lady bugs...super cute.
And here it is now. Painted it green and have white cabinets ordered to go above washer and dryer (guess I should wait til it's COMPLETE to post, eh? Oh well.)

**UPDATE: My cabinets came today and I LOVE THEM!


The Kitchen. Pretty much your Average Joe kitchen. Hated the oak cabinets, hated the white countertops, REALLY hated the awful green paint (picture was taken after I took down the awful wallpaper border), so serious changes were in order for this room.
This is hard to see because it's dark, but the same awful red paint was by the windows, right next to more awful green.


and AFTER:
Painted cabinets white, added some beadboard, new appliances, splurged on granite countertops, and got my subway tile backsplash. *Sidenote, I watch a lot of HGTV and I pretty much had this kitchen in mind before I even found a house. I'm so glad everything worked out because I love my new kitchen!



New and improved dining room.


Main Bath BEFORE. Ok, what you can't see is inside the tub. It was DISGUSTING and I was 100% convinced that I was going to have to tear out the insert and replace it because there was no way it was going to come clean. That was the plan up until Cub discovered holes in the master bath insert. It wasn't nearly as nasty, so I had planned on cleaning that one up, but with the change of plans, I put a LOT of elbow grease (with the help of soft scrub with bleach, magic erasers and barkeepers friend) into cleaning it up, and luckily I did get it pretty clean!



AFTER:
I found the shower curtain with the owls on it at Target and FELL in LOVE. This was not at all what I had originally planned for the bathroom, but once I saw the curtain, I HAD to have it. The bathroom may be kindof childish, but I don't care, it is seriously one of my favorite rooms in the house! I painted the cabinets green and bought the cute owl pictures on Etsy.


It has been lots of fun (and a LOT of work) getting this place to where I wanted it to be. But now that it's MOSTLY there, I am loving it!


There are still some rooms to come, but we'll save those for another day. So for now, peace and chicken grease!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Im very impressed!!! your place looks awesome! when you've recovered our place is in need of a decorator so come on down!

Ticey said...

Oh I LOVE it! Haven't I asked this before - but when is the party?!?! I need to come see it person all furnished and decorated!!

Jcochran said...

So I haven't checked your blog for a while because you never update it and holy smokes I look today and man have you been BUSY! Love all the post and the beautiful work in your home!!! You are such a talented WOMAN! will you come a decorate mine now!

Christy said...

I think you are HGTV... Love it!!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Your house turned out great!! I am impressed with all the changes! The kitchen looks amazing!