Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Old Lady McGee...

That's me!

I had a birthday, shout hooray?? I think this numero 26 has officially made me feel OLD! Can I go back to 25 pretty please?? And maybe it's just me, but birthday's just aren't as fun as they were back in the day, don't get me wrong - I still luff my birthday, it's just not as exciting! No birthday parties at Sherwood Hills, no sluffing school, no nada.
So here's a rundown of my super exciting 26th Birthday:

8:30-4: Work! Who seriously works on their birthday? Me. Since I didn't work the week before and all, I guess it makes sense. But I did come to work to find this:



Me and Andrea have a long standing tradition of decorating each others office - this year was no exception....so THANKS ANDREA! (and just for the record, I picked up every piece of that confetti and am saving it for August)

After work, my parentals took me out for dinner. (We normally go as a family, but the siblings had stuff going on, so we postponed that til next week.)
We went to the Sonora Grill at the Junction and then went over and saw Taken. (yes, I've already seen it, but they hadn't and there wasn't really anything else reaching out to grab me - - except for Confessions of a Shopaholic, but I decided to be nice and not make dad suffer through it!)

This is my complimentary banana split, and just fyi - it was delightful!

So all in all, it wasn't too exciting, but I guess it beats my average Monday night!

Thanks to everyone who thought of me on my day! It's days like those that I can't help but feel so truly blessed because I'm surrounded by the BESTEST OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY in my life! I love you all!

7 comments:

Wendee said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay! I hope it was awesome. I'm with you on birthdays just not being the same any more. I think in my mind I stopped getting older after I turned 21!

Ticey said...

Well what a fun day you had!! We should go to Sherwood Hills or something :)

Marky said...

Were sure do love you, glad you had a good birthday!!

Texie said...

Yay for birthdays!!! Hope you had a good one?

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Happy Birthday lindsay! I know my 26th birthday made me feel old too!

Dustin, Joni & Brighton said...

Hapy Belated Birthday!! It seems like forever since I've commented! Hope all is well!!

Trinity said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday. P.S. Andrew and I want to go to DC so bad!