So I lived a pretty deprived childhood.... I'm 99.9% sure that up until last Saturday, I had NEVER been to the Hogle Zoo. Some people insist I had to have gone at some point in elementary school - but I really don't think so! If I did, I had absolutely NO RECOLLECTION of it. So anyways...when Erik and Kris said they were taking P to the zoo, my mom said she had better take me so she didn't have to hear about my sad sad deprived childhood anymore!
Ok so beware of this picture overload! I made the pictures smaller so it wouldn't seem so long, but hey - I had 26 years of waiting to catch up on so be lucky that I cut it down to this!
Apparently this is a classic Hogle photo opp! Glad I'm bigger than him...

Sweet hats

Yummy ice cream!

Family Photo

After the zoo we headed over to Trolley Square and had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

P really liked his bread and applesauce....disgusting I know. But whatever it takes to get this kid to eat I guess!

He liked the bread so much, he took the rest of the loaf home with him and nibbled at it all the way home!

And that my friends, just about sums up my first trip to the zoo. It was a good time, I may even go back!
















5 comments:
WHAT?!?! Who hasn't been to the zoo - oh wait we've all ready established that. I can't believe you have never been to the zoo. Well I hope you had a wonderous time for your first time. Looks like you did - and you did the classic gorilla picture so way to go on that!
Hooray, I'm glad you made it to the zoo and got some 'classic' pictures!! Looks like you kids had a great time!!
Um, yum! It's been AGES since I last ventured to The Spaghetti Factory! I'm hungry right now...anyways, I am ever so glad that you finally made it to the zoo! Gol, about freakin' time! I'm glad you wnjoyed yourself. If you get the sudden urge to go again, let me know. I can get discount tickets from work AND Ben and Emery could spend everyday at the zoo so we'd love to accompany you. (or however you spell it.)
ALSO, just FYI I noticed that you didn't get the traditional picture of you getting a drink out of the lion's mouth water fountain. You're definately going to have to go back.
Post a Comment