Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wicked


I think I've lost my mind. Here I am blogging about random nothings because I had nothing to blog about when in fact I totally did! How could I forget about WICKED???

For Christmas, my super swell mother (with the help of my super swell father) got all of us girls tickets to go to Wicked at the Capitol Theatre. Well let me just say, I was excited...but just so so. Because let's be real honest, I have never actually seen The Wizard of Oz all of the way through! Whoops. 

But anyways here's a flash back to Christmas with our present:


Now fast-forward back to Saturday, April 25 - Wicked Day! My dad had bought six tickets and since there are only five of us - my mom had me call my dear ol' pal Jamestown to see if she was available - and she WAS!  YIPEE! (She's always been a Stratford girl at heart anyways so it worked out!)

Our afternoon of "Wicked" Awesome Fun (yep) started with lunch at PF Changs!



This was outside of PF Changs - it was screaming "photo opp", tender isn't it?


Then we made our way over to the theatre for the show!






Ok so seriously, it was AMAZING! Oh my gosh, I freaking LOVED IT! I'll even admit to crying at the end...I came home that night and downloaded the soundtrack off of itunes (yes, I'm listening to it now!) and spent the next 2 days on Youtube watching clips! Oh wow, probably shouldn't admit to that, but it's true. I thoroughly enjoyed myself!! So what I'm trying to say is - if you are ever given the opportunity to see this - take it! I may even go with you if you ask me nicely!

THANK YOU MOM AND DAD! You are the bestest ever!!


5 comments:

Ticey said...

I am so totally jealous. I hope one day I can see Wicked. Looks like a fun time!

The Bodily Family said...

Oh I am very jealous of you Lindsay!! Jamie and I went in New York City and I absolutley loved it and wanted to go again, but didn't get to, but I agree with you it is AMAZING!!!!

Marky said...

Oh I am so very jealous, but I'm glad you had such a great time!! And I love the picture outside of PF changs!!

Michelle said...

I agree I went last Thursday and I LOVED it!!! I listen to the sound track 24/7 on my I pod!! :)

Trinity said...

That is exactly what we did. We went to PF Changs and saw Wicked. It was wicked awesome! I am so glad that you had a good time.