Sunday, July 6, 2008

Crazy Busy 4th of July

Some people love the 4th of July, I must say....I'm not one of them! It's not that I don't like it, it's just uber busy for us city employees so it makes it kind of hard to enjoy! This year, I did however try and capture some moments and here is what I got! (Check back on Andrea's blog because when I didn't have my camera, she had hers...)

Fun times at the Farr West Freedom Festival!!

Micki and Jamie were so kind as to come and sing the National Anthem at our Flag Ceremony! They did a SPECTACULAR Job and I owe them big time!!

Our baby contest float, don't worry that I look retarded in this picture, it won't be the last time.

Jimmie and Dale with the Grand Marshals.

Hollie with Shrek and Donkey, she was super excited!

Hollie and Me, floating...

...while Andrea walked! She's hardcore!

My cutest cousins watching the parade!


Hollie and Kaycee hydrating themselves!

Bradee, Marl and me!

Andrea and her girls! So tender!

Wowza! (I'm talking about Marlee's bum!)

And after a long day, here we are supposed to be looking exhausted (which we were) waiting for the fireworks!

Here I am alone at the fireworks for another year! Ok, so I wasn't really alone because Andrea is always so kind as to let me sit by her family! This year I didn't even ask, I just plopped myself down! And yes, I'm laying on my Buzz Lightyear blanket- you are all jealous.

Pretty Fireworks!


Since I was gone all day on the Fourth, I didn't get to see my little buddy so we took some pictures the next day of him in his Freedom Gear! He's pretty much adorable if I do say so myself!





Hooray for Independence Day! I'm SOOOO Glad it's over til next year!!

10 comments:

Camille said...

You guys are awesome and did an amazing job as usual!!! P.S. I don't envy you working for a small city...I don't miss Heritage Days at all!!!!!

Hollie said...

YAY!! we are thee coolest of America:) im glad we pretend to be dance teachers, What a cool dude shrek was, although he didnt say much, hes alot different than he is in the movies! and Andrea is a trooper for walking ulike some people-haha. Im sorry you cant enjoy the 4th like everyone else!! i hope i brightened your day a lil??! oh who am i kidding i know i did:) cute pics of lil P!! & GOD BLESS AMERICA:)
PS. I stole some of these pics...you got good ones...ill post mine soon:)

Ticey said...

I'm sorry the holiday is more stressful for you - but can I say on behalf of everyone we appreciate your hard work and making it an enjoyable time for us. PS My mom's face does look silly in that pic, but um how bout mine PPS I loved Shrek and the Donkey - so cute!!

Hollie said...

P.S. you and Anrea are Dorks, it looks like you guys are on a MAJOR sugar high with all that soda lying around-haha, but i know you are true to your agua:) and yes Ticeys moms face looks like shes crying, she was so happy to see us on a float we made her cry-lol:)

Texie said...

oh my friend Linny, don't feel left out and deprived about not knowing about my blog are seeing Marley, although Marley has been asking about her aunt Linny! Cute blog and I see that you finally sold your place, yeah!!!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Hey linds where are you all going too? Hey are you going to Kirtland, OH? If you are you will have to come see me I am only like a hour and a half away! You can stay with me if you want!

Miss Annie said...

Hey Linny! Just wanna give you a heartfelt thanks for sticking by my side all day long! It's a ton easier than it used to be (if you catch my drift). We have such an awesome boss that is makes it worth it in the end right???? You are an awesome co-worker and friend - thanks again for everything!

Stacy said...

Cute pics. it looks like you guys had a blast

Bean said...

It be lookin like Donkey be mo interested in havin a carrot den posin for da picture! Ya know what I'm sayin!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay, Your background is the same as mine It just goes to show great minds think alike. Your blog is wonderful. I'm starting to think this is quit fun. Check out McKays!